Cam Lee

Crews determined the CO alarm was faulty.
Crews determined the CO alarm was faulty. Cam Lee/northeastNOW

Melfort Fire Department responds to carbon monoxide alarm

By Cam Lee
January 17, 2019 - 9:30am

A carbon monoxide call in Melfort last night turned out to be a false alarm.

The Melfort Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm in the 100 Block of Melfort St. W. just after 8:45 p.m. Wednesday.

Everyone inside had safely exited by the time crews arrived.

The outage is weather permitting.
The outage is weather permitting. File photo/CJME News Staff

Planned power outage Thursday

By Cam Lee
January 16, 2019 - 2:00pm

A local planned power outage is in the works.

SaskPower will be shutting off the power Thursday, Jan. 17 for rural customers southwest of Humboldt near Burr.

The outage will take place from 10:30 a.m. until 12 p.m., weather permitting.

A picture of the 'fatberg' found beneath London, England in 2017
A picture of the 'fatberg' found beneath London, England in 2017 File photo/The Canadian Press

Watch what you flush or pour to prevent sewer problems

By Cam Lee
January 15, 2019 - 5:00pm Updated: January 16, 2019 - 8:10am

Be diligent about what you flush or pour down your sink.

This message comes as major cities across the world are reporting 'fatbergs', congealed masses of fat, grease, and items like baby wipes that shouldn't be flushed.

Pages